2015 Conference Seattle Sep 21-25
The TRB Standing Committee on Access Management (AHB70) will be holding its 11th Access Management Conference in Seattle, WA, USA from September 21 – September 25, 2015, at the Seattle Sheraton Hotel.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS IS NOW OPEN
Submission Deadline is April 15, 2015
This conference will be focused on “Access Management Across the Modes” and is being held in conjunction with the AASHTO Subcommittee on Design. This combination of transportation professionals - urban designers, land use planners, engineers, decision makers and developers– will create an opportunity for participants to better understand and apply access management principles across all transportation modes.
The conference will also include workshops and training associated with the publication of the 2nd Edition of the Access Management Manual and the Access Management Application Guide. In developing the conference theme of Access Management Across the Modes, the committee is requesting abstracts to present technical papers as well as informative presentations that include, but are not limited to:
• Address the objectives of managing and separating conflicts between modes and single modes throughout the transportation system;
• How a multimodal access approach can improve growth and success of cities, towns and counties;
• Demonstrate access management strategies within the context of the NACTO Urban Street Design Guide, NACTO Bikeway Design Guide, and the AASHTO Greenbook;
• Evaluate access management practices both inside and outside the public right-of-way;
• Present legal and economic considerations associated with access management planning, design, and implementation; and
• Provide perspectives and new research regarding access management related performance measures and crash modification factors.
We look forward to seeing you in Seattle in September 2015!