Abstracts Due Sep 30 for 3rd ICAM South Africa
September 7, 2015 | Frank Broen
CALL FOR PAPERS & PARTICIPATION
Access Management 2016
3rd International Conference on Access Management (ICAM) & Exhibition
6 & 7 July 2016, CSIR Conference Centre, Pretoria, South Africa
Presented by: The Transportation Division of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) and the Access Management Committee of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) in association with SBS Conferences
The goal of Access Management is to safely balance access to land development with efficient road and transportation systems.
Access management is the coordinated planning, regulation, and design of access between roadways and land development. It encompasses a range of methods that promote the efficient and safe movement of people and goods by reducing conflicts on the roadway system and at its interface with other modes of travel.
- Departments of Transport, Municipalities, Road Agencies/Authorities; Planners, Administrators & Managers
- Civil Engineering Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers
- Road and Bridge Builders and Maintenance Personnel
- Procurement Managers
- Road Building and Road Maintenance Companies
- Traffic Planning and Management Systems
- ITS and Communications Companies
- Road Safety Suppliers and Specialists
CALL FOR PAPERS
The aim of this conference is to share information across the spectrum of transportation interest.
Papers are invited from all areas of Access Management, including (but not limited to):
- Access Management Policy
- Standards for Access Management
- Integrating Land Use and Access
- Application of Access Management
Whilst Access Management as a concept was initiated in the developed world, contributions from developing countries are especially welcome.
Abstracts: No longer than 300 words, briefly describing the problem statement, approach followed, data collection, analysis , results obtained and conclusions reached, are invited. All papers submitted will be peer reviewed and all accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
PROGRAMME FOR SUBMISSION:
30 Sept 2015 – Submit abstracts
30 Oct 2015 – Notification of acceptance of abstracts
31 Dec 2015 – Submit Paper
30 Jan 2015 – Notification of acceptance of papers
Chair: Access Management 2016