Handbook | 2016
TMH 16 South African Traffic Impact and Site Traffic Assessment Manual Volume 1Download
- Published by: South Africa Committee of Transport Officials
- Event: 2016 International Conference S. Africa
Technical Recommendations for Highways:
The Technical Recommendations for Highways consists of a series of publications that describe recommended practice for various aspects related to highway engineering. The documents are based on South African research and experience and have the support and approval of the Committee of Transport Officials (COTO). The documents are primarily aimed at ensuring uniform practice throughout South Africa.
The manual contains requirements for Traffic Impact Assessments (TIAs) and Site Traffic Assessments (STAs) in South Africa. Requirements are provided for aspects such as responsibilities and submission of traffic assessments as well as assessment standards. The manual is published in two volumes; the first volume consisting of general requirements while assessment standards and requirements are published in the second volume.
- TMH 16 South African Traffic Impact and Site Traffic Assessment Manual Volume 1
- TMH 16 South African Traffic Impact and Site Traffic Assessment Standards and Requirements Manual Volume 2
- TRH 26 South African Road Classification and Access Management Manual
- TRH 27 South African Manual for Permitting Services in Road Reserves