- Published by: South Africa Committee of Transport Officials
- Event: 2016 International Conference S. Africa
TRH 27 South African Manual for Permitting Services in Road Reserves
Technical Recommendations for Highways:
The Technical Recommendations for Highways consists of a series of publications that describe recommended practice for various aspects related to highway engineering. The documents are based on South African research and experience and have the support and approval of the Committee of Transport Officials (COTO). The documents are primarily aimed at ensuring uniform practice throughout South Africa.
This Manual is the official requirement for providing services in road reserves in South Africa. It provides guidance to National, Provincial and Municipal spheres of government on the provision of public and private engineering and related services (utilities) within the road reserve and building restriction areas.
Note: Road Reserves are comparable to Right-of-Way
- TMH 16 South African Traffic Impact and Site Traffic Assessment Manual Volume 1
- TMH 16 South African Traffic Impact and Site Traffic Assessment Standards and Requirements Manual Volume 2
- TRH 26 South African Road Classification and Access Management Manual
- TRH 27 South African Manual for Permitting Services in Road Reserves