Wisconsin Peer Exchange
April 30 – April 3, 2017
- Wisconsin Peer Exchange
- April 30 – April 3, 2017
- Inn in the Park – Madison, Wisconsin
Contact PEER EXCHANGE ON ACCESS MANAGEMENT
2017 SPRING – LATE APRIL OR EARLY MAY
The WisDOT identified 4-7 areas that Wisconsin struggles with and would like to have flow better. Once we put these issues on paper, we thought we would get some other state DOT’s having similar issues, to come and discuss and solve some of these issues. Here are some of the areas we penned to paper.
- Overview/ benefits/ direct consequences of Access Management
- Proper deed, covenant, and plat conventions
- Proper legal understanding: right to reasonable access, land divisions, permitting/ appeals/inquiries, processes, etc.
- Examples: good/bad use of access, exceptions to standards
- Types of control: legal definitions/ differences, modifications, process/procedures
- Design: basic access, culverts, volume/capacity, sight analysis, etc.
- Misc. Access: when we restrict AP’s, goals, principles
We will locate 4-6 states that are interested in coming to Madison Wisconsin in spring of 2017 for a day and a half, and the travel expenses will be covered for up to one individual from each state by the research folks.
We are envisioning having a room with 20-25 people (including our own people) in a room discussing access management issues. These people are the folks that work with access management issues weekly – some are technicians, some are engineers, and some are planners, and some are managers that understand the needs and struggles.
The WisDOT research folks are setting the venue up at the Inn in the Park, here in Madison if we show interest of 4 – 6 states that have similar issues and wish to collaborate and try to move towards possible solutions.
Contact Roach, Michael – DOT <Michael.Roach@dot.wi.gov> for more information.
TRB National Conference on Access Management Subcommittee, chair