Presentation | 2013
Using Visualization Tool to Determine Roundabout Conflicts
Using Visualization Tool to Determine Roundabout Conflicts: Surrogate Safety Assessment Model (SSAM)
North Carolina DOT
- SSAM is a technique combining micro-simulation models and automated conflict analysis to assess the safety.
- SSAM is a visual tool to support:
- Identification conflict points, conflict types, conflict severity, and conflict zones
- Analysis in terms of safety surrogate measures
- Assessment alternatives
- SSAM is an excellent tool to improve public involvement in terms of access management for driveways, alternatives, etc.