June 7, 2017 | Frank Broen
The TRB Access Management committee now has a YouTube Channel devoted to sharing the best information from www.accessmanagement.info.
We are exploring the idea of creating short videos that highlight some of the most useful information to share about access management. This will provide practitioners a tool to find and share best practices. YouTube will provide an additional channel for us to "get the word out" about how access management can save lives and improve the efficiency of our transportation system.
Rob Sanders is a graduate student of Grant Schultz, who has created these three test videos. We hope to create many more, and encourage other's to "find the gold" and contribute to further development of this idea. Please provide comments below to help us in this effort.
Current Videos (through 7/25/2018) include:
12th National Access Management Conference (YouTube Playlists)
Case Study Videos
- Innovative Intersection: Continuous Flow Intersection (CFI)
- Alternative to "Design, Build, Defend"
- Driveways Hurt Safety
- Convincing a Community to Embrace Density
- Freeway Project Lead to Business Closures
- Business Increased After Access Management Safety Improvement
- Cross Access and Pedestrian Connectivity
- Relationship Between Land Survey and Arterial Network
- Safety of Superstreet Intersections
- Superstreet vs. Regular Intersection
- Bank Concerned About Losing Access
- Lessons Learned from a Raised Median Installation
- Problems with Two-Way-Left-Turn Lanes
- Driveway Consolidation in Alabama
- Opposition to a New Continuous Flow Intersection
- Suburban and Rural Access Management in China
- Fixing a Deadly "Fat Collector" Road